Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in pictures - Q2

The second quarter of 2008 was all about settling down in Bangkok. I visited many areas, made new friends, most only "of the night" (to coin bkkdreamer's term). Also, I went on a few domestic trips. Have a look.




The ubiquitous Siam. How could I live with out it.

Skytrain in Sathon, Bangkok's Manhattan. (at least aspiring and slowly also becoming)

Perhaps my favourite picture of the year. Entrance of Lumphini park towards Silom, the gay centre of the world (at least that's what the ones going to DJ Station think:)

Skytrain in Mor Chit. I love JJ Weekend Market!

Cha yen in Tha Phra Chan in the old quarter of Bangkok. The most exciting place in the city, so much history, so much life, so many tourist rip-offs:) Seriously, I love Rattanakosin.

A venture into Sukhumvit on Kalayaan, one of the two Filipino independence days. The party of the year probably, of course followed by a beauty pageant.

My first time out of Bangkok - to Ayuthaya and Bangpa-In. Lovely places
Who doesnt know this place, raise your hands! I cant see any!!!! Raise them higher!!! Ok, I knew it, everyone has been to Pattaya. I went on a daytrip and left again at 6.30pm. Didnt like the unfriendly people and very unfriendly kathoeys.

No comments: