Saturday, October 17, 2009

bitchofbangkok on facebook

Me and the other Bangkok-based bloggers have been told to "up their game" by a user on Silom Farang's blog the other day. Well, I am trying to do this;)




I have created a bitchofbangkok page on facebook and added a fan-box on this blog to the right ---------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have done this mainly because I think facebook is a better tool to interact and share information with each other and to have debates, discussions, or just simply post interesting things for the public.

The page doesnt have so many features and content yet, but I will steadily update them.

With this page, I'd like the "fans" and me to share links that they and I find interesting, write anything on the wall they wish to say, discuss things on the discussion board or post pictures you find appealing.

The content should be mainly gay-oriented but doesnt necessarily need to be. It would be nice to have a lot of Bangkok- and Thailand-themed comments, discussions, links and pictures, but anything is fine with me.

I would like to encourage you to take part in this "venture". I think it could be interesting. Share your latest pictures of Bangkok or another place in Thailand, link to your favourite blogs, discuss tips for visiting Bangkok, etc.

Now you only have to click the link on the right, and click "become a fan" and get going with discussions and contributions - it's "up to you":)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I once had Facebook though I decided to cancel my account. Be that as it may, it will be beneficial to have a place where people with the same interests can share knowledge and information in cyberspace.

Asia in Australia said...

hey oneditorial:)

thanks for your comment...indeed, it should be a place where people can exchange ideas etc. blogs seem to be a bit one-sided sometimes with people consuming and the writer writing. i'd like to change that.

by the way. love your blog. I am going to link it, thanks for your link too:)

Anonymous said...

https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/80/quit_facebook.html

interesting points

Asia in Australia said...

anonymous....can you explain a bit more what you mean?

do you think I am trying to carefully build up my self-image through practicing narcism or just wasting my time? :)

by the way...im all up for a facebook debate...and actually agree with most points in this article. only thing is, you do meet people that you havent met for years and years through facebook, and it's nice to catch up like this...by far the best aspect about facebook.